Popular Posts

Monday, May 9, 2011

Courage, Gratitude and Love!!

So....Mother's Day has now just passed and I can't believe how different one year makes!!
Last year on mommie's day...I was having a pitty party for myself...missing my angel Hunter...yearning to be a mommy again to a special someone.  I can't believe that I am a Mommy NOW in so many ways....!!!!


My pregnancy is going fine and have now passed the 1st trimester and feeling tons better.  I remember this when I was pregnant with Hunter.  This time around, however I am much more thankful for the 2nd trimester cuz I was nauseous as all get out!! My belly's growing but still look bloated and not really pregnant as I enter into week 14.  

I'm finding my courage to face the ultrasound as it gets closer.  I know that knowledge is so important and that I will be able to handle whatever comes our way.  My little baby is counting on me to be brave!! Just as Hunter counted on me and Cece too!!! Being a mommy to a special needs child....or "special situation child"  requires the bravest of Moms!!!

Interestingly...today Cece says to me..."Mommy, you adocted me." We were just talking about how we love eachother or something really basic and she pops off with that fact.  I asked her where she heard that word "adopted" (even though we shared the adoption explanation back in January before and after going to court)....I wondered where she'd heard it lately since I've NEVER heard her actually say it with her own mouth.  She said that she just knows it and that nobody said it to her.

My heart sank as I began to think that she had a negative feeling or a feeling of being different attached to this word "adopted".  I proceeded to remind her that we have always been a family....and that we chose eachother before we came to earth.  We just needed to find eachother again...then the judge signed a paper making sure the "family is forever."......Now we just need to be sealed in the temple!!!!
She kissed and hugged me and was very matter of fact about the whole thing.  She knows in her soul, that we are "forever".. I can't believe how much I just love that girl!!!!

On a running note....this weekend we went on a family trail run!!!! yes....my hubby actually ran 4 miles on dirt trails WITH the jogging stroller and his prego wife...We met Aaron's two brothers and Britni and the girls for an early run on Saturday!!! It was so awesome!!! I did feel like peeing every 30 minutes at first...but the trail was so exhilarating...what a milestone! I'm hoping the hubby can pull this off every saturday from here till September (his 10 mile race)!!! I mean......he needs to train, right? and  of course...he needs me to crew for him LOL!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You've got this, Trish! Everything is going to be perfect!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gift you have and what a gift you are. We are so blessed to have you as our daughter, and Aaron, Hunter, Cece and "Baby" are so blessed to have you as their wife and mommie. Keep up your exemplary attitude so we all have it to pattern our own lives. As your mom, I have learned soooo much. Thank you for all you've taught me. I love you soooo much.

    ReplyDelete