Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fitness update at 32 weeks

So...just to update my blog on fitness stuff (wish I could honestly say "running")...I thought I'd inform ya'll of my latest adventure with the jogging stroller hittin the streets!  Cece and I took advantage of a cooler morning yesterday of 85 degrees and hit the streets.  We did a regular running route around the neighborhood, without my Garmin. I couldn't remember how the mileage, but figured it would be fun and we could get out the kinks and check out some goats and horses along the way.  Over 2 hours later, I realized this route was at least 6.5 miles long and my hips and lower back were feelin' it!!!  I only stopped 1 time to pee (could've used another stop) and was dying when we got to the home stretch.  The first mile or two I was feeling pretty good...until the bladder filled up and prompted some really uncomfortable Braxton Hicks contractions...which continued until I was able to find a place to pee...then good again till mile 4+....

The reality is that my walking stance is widened which puts so much pressure and stress on those tendons holding my hips together....so that area just takes a beating~~I guess I'm back to the boring gym working on that stair climber or the eliptical.  I get a much better workout with less stress on all those other areas!!! Am I a whimp or what??!!!!!

Aaron is getting ready for his 10mile obstacle course this weekend and has been pretty hardcore in his training efforts (but only on the weekends)!!! I'm super proud of my burly mountain man!!! I can't wait to see how it all unfolds!!!!

At 32 weeks, the baby is head down and still very active.  My doctor appointment last week went well and my doctor said the working out is great and not to worry about the contractions that come and go, as long as they stop when I'm resting.  Great news!!! He is a huge advocate of pregnancy fitness!!! So, I guess I'm off to the gym today...then to my parent's while Cece spends time at preschool!!! Next blog, I will update with news from Cece's very 1st soccer game and Aaron's "he-man" event!!! love to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment